COVID-19: Additional measures we are taking
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250-723-9900. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following temporary hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone.
You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To learn more, visit http://myvetstore.ca/pacificrimvet
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Instead, we are taking payments over the phone.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Pacific Rim Veterinary Hospital
Pacific Rim Veterinary Hospital Port Alberni opened in February 2008. It all started with Dr. Patty and Dr. Holly having lunch one day and tossing around a few ideas. It didn't take long for one particular idea to take on a life of its own; before the two of them could blink they were partners in business and construction had started. At times things moved too quickly, and at other times things seemed to stand still. However, time does not standstill. Before the paint had dried (almost literally) the hospital was open and they hit the ground running. The staff that has come together is a gentle mix of old friends and new faces that provides an excellent balance and an exceptional work atmosphere. Both Dr. Patty and Dr. Holly share similar philosophies in striving to provide high-quality medicine in a comfortable and accessible hospital setting. It is important to the doctors that the staff enjoy and are proud of what they do.
Some of the services offered at Pacific Rim Veterinary Hospital include:
Animal Wellness and Physical Exams Medicine Surgery Radiology
Dentistry Laboratory Ophthalmology
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please give us a call at 250-723-9900
and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.
Click here to edit content